Friday, November 9, 2012

1st ER trip

It is sad to say that I hear loud screams down the hallway from my class all the time at school. So last Monday when I heard a blood curdling scream, I paused a moment but did not go to help with the problem. A few minutes later, one of my co-workers came in and said she was going to stand with my class while I checked on Naomi Kate. She said NK hurt her finger. Well, okay- she had a substitute teacher that day and I had told her to come get me if NK got upset. I'm thinking, Ugh! she scratched her finger and was freaking out about it. Ummm- NO not so much. When I get to her she is sobbing uncontrollably and one of my other co-workers is trying to calm her. She tells me to turn NK's head so she can look. Hmmm... that sounds scary. I turn her face and we peek at the finger that is gushing blood. OH NO!! What do I do? We start running to the office for the nurse- my friend says No Valerie you will have to take her and points to the outside where my car is. Yes- my car! We have to go to the ER! Before we leave the nurse checks it out and confirms my fears that she will have to get the top of her finger sewn back on. I had several offers to drive us, I don't know how but we made it there very quickly thanks to my lead foot. I called Josh on the way and he is getting V ready and meeting us there. NK is crying and telling me she loves me and Daddy. She is also upset about not getting to carve her pumpkin of all things. Once at the ER they take her back quickly and Josh handles things from there. NK was the bravest girl ever. After she calmed down and they got her some pain meds she started worrying about the little girl who slammed her finger in the door and wanted to make sure she didn't get in trouble. She also apologized to the Dr. for crying. The nurse said she was the best child she had seen with that kind of injury in 25 years. Proud mommy! She had a broken finger,and they had to remove her finger nail to stitch the top of her finger back on. She is healing nicely now and doing great!
Before broken finger WARNING!! YUCKY PICTURES BELOW

No comments: